Sunday, February 11, 2007

Birthday!

Well today was the big day! I turned 22, a day that I thought I would never see! But it came and now it is gone, and somehow I don't feel like I think I should feel as a new mother and 22 year old woman. I am not as grown up as I thought I would be when I reached this pinnacle time in my life.

When I was a kid, I imagined I would be married and living on a ranch with horses and dogs and cats, and a big barn, and I think I was a little too dramatic in thinking that would ever happen to me!

I guess life never turns out the way we want it too. Maybe as humans we think too much, and we should just leave the worrying of life up to God. I think I need to relax in his arms a bit, and start to rely on him more. I need to realise that I can't push him to bring someone into my life. I need to wait and on God's time someone will come. Which I think is the hardest thing to do as a young single mother. Wait for a prince charming to come, when maybe I missed the boat because I was too busy walking my own path and stumbling downhill, and God was showing him to me, but I just couldn't see cause I was going downhill too fast!

But then I stop and notice the beautiful things God has done in my life. He has rescued me from a life of sin and given me the most precious gift (the life of my beautiful daughter) and has set me on a rock to save me from the thrashing waves I was drowning in. Sometimes I feel the waves are climbing up the rock to claim me again, but I just sit back and know that my life is now safe in the hands of my almighty saviour. My daughters too, and together we will stand strong in any storm with God by our side! Maybe life isn't too bad after all! And hopefully with my aging process I become wiser and more spiritually and physically mature!



Ok, now to show off a few of the beautiful items I got for my birthday!

These are the beautiful UGG clogs that my mom and Dante and Dakota and Jase got me! They also got me $50 gift certificates to the CO-OP! I love these clogs, they are so warm and fuzzy!

These are the flowers that Erin got me, gorgeous pink lilies. I think these are the kind of lilies I am going to have at my wedding. If I ever get married! lol They are just too beautiful, God truely is the greatest artist!



This is the gift that Jessica got me. She is one of the best friends I have in Tumbler! She is just so thoughtful, but we rarely see each other, and it is sad, because I would love to see her and hang out way more often!

Well that was not all I got for my birthday, Trent and Colette got me a gift certificate for itunes, and a beautiful pic of Alexa and I the day after she was born, and Bern and Dale got me some beautiful homemade jewlery, which i will put pics of on later!

Lifes lookin up!



5 comments:

that's us... said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAEL!!!
love ya!
tree:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jaƫl, I tried phoning you but I guess it wasnt the right time of day.
Dad

Anonymous said...

You didnt get the birthday present I sent you?

Jael and Alexa said...

Dad I tried calling you the next day but you weren't home when I tried. I got the card from Grandmama, and we got your package, i don't know if one was my birthday present, but I got the carafe and the salt and pepper shaker and lexi got her bear! Thanks! Try calling again sometime or I will try you.

Yvonne said...

Happy belated birthday Jael!
I am so glad that things are going well for you and life seems to be on track. Lexi is beautiful and I keep hoping that at some point I'll be able to see you again! Bye for now!